Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why writing?

Why music? Why writing? What strikes my interest in writing? Last posting I mentioned that I will be listing my top ten favourite songs. I apologize for that posting will be postponed because there is a much more interesting topic I would like to focus on for tonight's posting. Last class my professor raised a question for us to dawn upon and that is "what inspires students to write?' and what causes students not want to write or careless about what they turn in. In my opinion, and just like many others, it depends on the topic. If the topic strikes students as interesting then obviously this sparks the creativity which at the end only benefits the students to learn. I think this topic correlates with my affection for music. Other than singing, I also enjoy writing. I wrote many songs in the past where my bandmates and I would spend so much time perfecting. If I was assigned by my professors to write a paper about topics which does not fit my back alley, I would never...and I repeat will never spend as much time as I did with writing music. I asked myself, "Why writing?" I would agree that it is a form of an outlet where you are able to express yourself in a different manner. From my last I mentioned that music may be a form of an outlet, a way for us to relieve our stress. Writing songs to me is another form where you as the writer are able to express your feelings, whether it is a form of love, sadness, happiness, or hatred. To me it is like poetry. Writing songs and lyrics is something which sparks my interest, therefore I would spend loads of time brainstorming and editing my words, etc..  http://alternativehealthfortoday.wordpress.com/2009/12/03/free-writing-therapy-as-a-method-of-relaxation/. This article discusses the ingredients of free writng in how it may relax one's mind. There is no "right" way of writing, it's just your way. If I may propose a question to those who read this posting...In your perfect world, what would you write about? No boundaries, no rights, no wrongs. And if so, will you be wrting to someone, who will it be and why? Or will it be to yourself, something for you to refelct upon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment